Instructions for Apple Festival 8K, Chamber Challenge 5K and Mini-Moo 1 Mile Races
**IMPORTANT!** Not all runners provided email addresses. If you registered several people, or a team for the Chamber Challenge – please be sure to share this information with them.
EARLY PACKET PICK-UP
· You may pick up your race packet (bib, t-shirt, goodies and instructions) at The Henderson County Chamber on Friday, September 1 from 10 am to 4 pm. The address is: 204 Kanuga Road, Hendersonville, NC 28739
· We encourage you to pick up your packet early so you are ready to go when you arrive at the race site.
· You may also pick up packets for others.
WHERE IS THE RACE?
· The location of the event is 800 North Justice Street, Hendersonville, NC 28791
· Registration, vendor booths and activities for kids will be set up in front of the Pardee Cancer Center
WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
· If you have already picked up your race bib and t-shirt, you are set! Be sure to arrive with enough time to park and get to the start line by 7:45am.
· If you still need to register, or pick up your bib and t-shirt, please arrive early. Registration will open at 6:30am. Look for the registration tent at the event site.
· Pardee Hospital lots and lower garage – do not park in spots marked Physician Parking
· Pardee Cancer Center lot – upper part, past the festival (enter from Justice St.)
· Health Sciences Center lower lot / Student Parking (enter from 6th Ave.)
· Pardee Diabetes & Endocrine Associates lot
· Carolina Lung & Sleep/Pardee Neurology lot
· Kayden Center lot
COST OF RACE DAY REGISTRATION IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR 8K AND MINI-MOO; CHAMBER CHALLENGE TEAMS MUST BE REGISTERED IN ADVANCE
· 8K $40
· 5K $120
· Mini-Moo $10
(Please note that a finish line prize is given to all Mini Moo participants instead of a t-shirt.)
RULES & SAFETY
· PLEASE WEAR YOUR RACE BIB ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT, USING SAFETY PINS PROVIDED.
· THE COURSE WILL BE WELL-MARKED WITH CHALK, DIRECTIONAL SIGNS AND VOLUNTEERS.
· A WATER STOP IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 1 MILE INTO THE COURSE.
· Due to safety requirements, no strollers, pets, bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates, etc. are permitted.
AWARDS PRESENTATION WILL BEGIN AT 9:30am.
· Age category awards will be given for the 8K
· Five “team” awards will be given for the Chamber Challenge 5K (no individual awards).
Every business wants new customers, but networking often takes a lot of time. What if you could get a weekly review of local business happenings from 20+ professionals during a casual one-hour meeting? Guess what? YOU CAN!
The Henderson County Chamber of Commerce offers two Leads Groups and now is your chance to see what these groups have to offer you and your business! Join us:
Thursday, October 5th
8 am - 9:30 am
Hendersonville Country Club, 1860 Hebron Road
Hear about all the benefits - from increasing your sales efforts to developing personal friendships - from participating Leads Group members.
Cost to attend is $15 per person. Registration and prepayment are required. Please contact the Chamber to make your reservation - 828-692-1413 or via email.
Get your business team ready to participate in the Chamber Challenge 5K! Pardee UNC Health Care wants to motivate and inspire companies and their employees to improve wellness by joining us for this fun-filled 5 K challenge. Design to promote health, wellness and fitness among area companies and their employees, the Chamber Challenge 5K is a perfect way to have fun while working towards a goal together. Prizes will be awarded for the fastest team, most teams from a business, best team costumes and the coveted "Team Spirit" trophy.
Join the Challenge! Register today. Teams of 4 at $100.
CHAMBER CHALLENGE 5K MAP:
If you can't make the Chamber's after hours events, this is designed for you!
Join us on Friday, September 8th from 8 - 9 am at
201 Sugarloaf Road, Hendersonville
Enjoy a more productive day by meeting perspective customers at the start of your day. You may find a strong referral source, a new vendor, the perfect client, or simply get a foot in the door for connecting again later at another Chamber event. AM Power Hour is great if you are an early-bird or can't make our after hours networking events.
RSVP to the Chamber at 828-692-1413 or email email@example.com
The Henderson County Chamber of Commerce presents the Pardee Apple Festival 8K Road Race on Saturday, September 2nd, 2017. This certified course winds through scenic Hendersonville and Laurel Park, starting and ending at the Pardee Cancer Center, on the hospital’s main campus in Hendersonville. The race begins promptly at 8 am. The Chick-Fil-A Mini Moo Mile is a one-mile fun run/walk for the young or young at heart and will start a few minutes after the 8K race begins.
The entry fee for the 8K race is $30. CLICK TO REGISTER. The first 250 to register will receive a free t-shirt. The Chick-fil-A Mini Moo Mile entry fee is the is $10. Race-day registration for both events starts at 6:30 am at the main entrance to the Pardee Cancer Center, 801-813 Sixth Avenue West. All fun run participants receive a finish award and awards for the 8K race will be given to the overall male and female, masters, and top three finishers in the standard age groups. Parking for the events is available in the large parking lot at the Pardee Cancer Center and also in the Pardee UNC Health Care parking garage.
8K packet pick-up will be available Friday, September 1st from 11 - 4 at the Chamber, 204 Kanuga Road, Hendersonville.
“We are using this certified 8K course for the 11th consecutive year and the runners always give a great response to it,” said Tina Kinsey, race director of this year’s event. “This race has become part of the Apple Festival tradition for many and we have runners from all over the South who come each year to participate. The two events make this something that all ages and all levels of running ability can participate in.”
For more information or to volunteer to help with the event, call 828-692-1413.
8K Race Map: