Mission: Keep the membership informed about environmental issues that impact their ability to conduct business. Promote concept of compatibility between a strong local economy and the natural environment.
- Provide members with the knowledge and tools needed to comply with current and new environmental regulations.
- Recommend initiatives (and alternatives to non-business friendly environmental legislation) that are friendly to both the environment and business.
- Monitor local, state and national environmental regulations/legislation.
- Communicate changes in regulations to impacted members.
- Research environmental issues and provide information to the membership and, when Board action needs to be considered, to the Governmental Affairs Committee.
- Introduce and present quarterly (or possibly monthly) sustainability awards to businesses in Henderson County.
- Recognize award recipients in the ENews and Newsletter.
- Include “Sustainability/Green" tips in the ENews and the Business Report newsletter.