Mission: To recruit new members into The Chamber and solicit investment in Chamber programs and activities.
- Recruit new members
- Increase new revenue
- Review dues structure and “fair share” levels – make recommendations regarding dues changes.
- Develop a “target” list for membership.
- Coordinate and manage the annual Total Resource Campaign.
- Evaluate and re-develop recruitment materials.
- Develop and implement a strategy for obtaining “hot” leads for prospective members.
- Evaluate sponsorship opportunities and pricing. Develop, through matching member companies with needs, a “Depth Chart” for potential sponsors for individual events.
Mission: Retain jobs and sales tax base in Henderson County
- Implement a 9-Month advertising and marketing effort to educate local residents and business regarding the benefits of shopping and dining locally.
- Secure funding to conduct an effect campaign.
- Recruit partners for the campaign
- Solicit funding from County and Municipalities
- Coordinate and manage Shop & Dine Task Force
Mission: To retain the knowledge, experience and historical record of our past leaders.
- To keep past leaders involved in The Chamber and serving in an advisory role.
- To remember our past relevancy and encourage our future importance in the community.
- Coordinate a dinner meeting of the past and present leaders of The Henderson County Chamber of Commerce.
- Discuss the current direction of The Chamber and ask for feedback.
- Continue developing a historical record of Chamber achievements and issues faced during the tenure of each leader.
Mission: To help the small business members of The Chamber become and remain successful. Increase the value of membership.
- Provide opportunities for training, information sharing, networking and advertising for small businesses.
- Inform the general public about the importance of the small businesses in Henderson County and why we should support them.
- Continue the Silent Partner program to include “SBA Day” type sessions for accounting, marketing and legal subjects.
- Explore the need for a CEO Roundtable group.
- Host monthly seminars that use local facilitators and address a variety of business related subjects and a minimum of 2 seminars annually off site.
- Coordinate, promote and produce the “Small Business Week” celebration.
- Continue efforts to encourage citizens to shop and dine locally.
- Identify and honor the small business leaders of the quarter and year.
- Appoint a member to serve on the Business Morning Update planning committee.
- Support Chamber sponsored Leads Groups.
- Manage and produce annual Blue Ridge Business Growth Awards.
- Organize and promote a Member-to-Member discount program.
- Organize, promote and produce the Business Plan Contest.
- Organize and produce quarterly Reverse Trade Shows.
Mission: Identify and recruit individual members to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Nominate members to serve three-year terms and to fill any vacancies that may occur.
- Convene a meeting of the past five chairmen of the Board and two non-board members to identify potential Board members.
- Prioritize candidates and fill Board slots and vacancies in priority order.