Mission: Provide an alternative networking event that is attractive to different segments of the membership.
Produce a bowling tournament that provides an opportunity for networking and team-building that is financially successful.
Plan and coordinate the annual Times-News/Macon Bank Chamber of Commerce Gutterball Classic.
Secure catering sponsor and beverage sponsor for the event.
Secure 32 teams for the tournament.
Secure prizes for top teams and individual bowlers.
Recognize sponsors, winning teams, and individuals in the Chamber Business Report and Times-News.
Mission: To enable the Chamber to successfully implement its Action Plan by successfully coordinating the organizations Major Fundraising events.
- Ensure that major fundraising events are financially viable activities.
- Ensure that sponsors receive proper recognition for support given to major events.
- Promote and coordinate The Chamber’s Major Events.
- Develop a CEO Roundtable.
- Coordinate the Chamber’s Annual Dinner
- Coordinate the Chamber Gutter Ball Classic bowling tourney
- Coordinate the Chamber Business Expo
- Evaluate new events hosted by the Chamber
- Develop a CEO Roundtable designed to bring together top reps from area businesses for networking purposes. May provide an opportunity to forge important relationships and cooperative action.
Mission: To ensure the emerging and current workforce have the skills or opportunity to gain the skills to meet the employer needs for Henderson County.
- Improve the skill sets of students graduating or otherwise leaving the K-12 system and entering the workforce.
- Communicate training/educational opportunities for the current workforce and un/underemployed that improve opportunities for advancement.
- Support school administrators, teachers, students, and parents who are involved in the educational process.
- Determine higher education needs in Henderson County and assist with awareness and promotion of activities and programs that support these needs.
- Coordinate and secure sponsorships for the New Teachers Event.
- Coordinate and secure sponsorships for the NC Scholars Luncheon.
- Advocate for higher education in Henderson County by promoting college access activities, including 1)BRCC Open House, 2)College Planning, and 3)Financial Aid workshops.
- Coordinate and manage the Junior Leadership Development Class.
- Coordinate the Chamber Challenge Trivia Contest as a fundraiser for the Education Committee’s activities.
- Promote and advocate for the higher educational needs of Henderson County. Look at goals of Children and Family Services, United Way Agenda, and JobLink goals to promote.
- Assist HCPS and other school staff with developing opportunities for shadowing, internships, and apprenticeships for students, teachers & professionals in the community.
- Assist BRCC in coordination of the high school junior Career Day.
- Expand professional development partnerships between local schools, BRCC and local high-tech companies.
- Assist in promoting Advantage West’s “Creative Juices” competition.
- Assist BRCC in promoting college access programs and activities including College Planning workshops, Open Houses, and Financial Aid Workshops.
- Expand professional development partnerships between HCPS schools, BRCC, local employers and high-tech companies, including 1)communicating regarding job skills needs, 2)collaborating to create opportunities for student job shadowing, internships, and apprenticeships, and 3)helping BRCC coordinate the STEM Camps & programs.
- Assist in recruiting business volunteers to participate in “Mad City Money” simulation.
- Communicate with local employers regarding job skill needs and future skill needs.
- Continue working with WCU, UNCA, and others to encourage higher education opportunities in Henderson County.
- Determine need for a Henderson County Job Fair. If none, promote and co-sponsor the regional “Homecoming Job Fair”.
- Continue support of the Futures 4 Kids program in the Henderson County Public Schools.
- Assist with and promote the Non-Profit Symposium for Counselors.
Mission: To act as the customer service arm of The Chamber and to organize networking activities and special events, as well as encourage existing and new member involvement.
- Increase retention by involving new and existing members (90%).
- Offer numerous networking opportunities throughout the year.
- Help members celebrate successes and assist start-up businesses with publicity.
- Welcome new members to The Chamber and educate them regarding the benefits of membership.
- Coordinate monthly Business After Hours events for the membership.
- Coordinate and manage the Annual MEGA After Hours.
- Coordinate “greeters” for Business After Hours events.
- Coordinate two “ice breaker” activities at selected Business After Hours events.
- Initiate personal contact with all new members within one month of join date.
- Coordinate a minimum of four Power Networking events annually.
- Coordinate and attend ribbon cutting events and other special events for members.
- Organize and conduct 2 "Chamber 101" events for new and existing members.
- Recognize the Ambassador of the Quarter and Ambassador of the Year.
- Coordinate Quarterly AM Power Hours networking meetings.
- Coordinate 4 Chamber SurPrize Patrol events annually.
- Create a specific plan for “touching” members during the year.
- Recognize new members at Business After Hours by providing yellow ribbons to wear with name tags.
- Recruit new Ambassadors.
Mission: Provide a forum for manufacturing representatives to network, share information, address issues and explore opportunities for working together.
- Build strong relationships between industry leaders and community leaders.
- Build a peer-to-peer network among area manufacturers.
- Coordinate three Industrial Division meetings annually.
- Coordinate four “Plant Tours” for Industrial Division and all Chamber members.
- Select the Industrialist of the Year and present award at Chamber Annual Dinner.
- Coordinate a “social” event for area plant managers and local leaders to provide and networking opportunity.
- Coordinate and secure sponsors for the annual Pig Pickin event.
- Explore feasibility of sponsoring a major manufacturing seminar/training event for local companies.