Mission: Promote workplace wellness as a method for businesses to improve morale, increase productivity and reduce absenteeism and healthcare costs.
- Host events that promote wellness in the workplace.
- Communicate benefits of wellness in the workplace to members and to the community at large.
- Increase sponsorships for the Apple Festival 8K.
- Increase number of team and individual runners.
- Increase profitability of the 8K event.
- Investigate new activities that promote workplace wellness.
- Coordinate production of the event (location, set-up, parking, etc.).
- Coordinate advertising efforts related to the 8K.
- Promote event to member businesses for team participation.
- Increase communication to the membership regarding a) health care reform initiatives and timetables, and b) wellness program availability.
Mission: To represent the Chamber membership and business community regarding legislative issues and all levels – to act as “The Voice of Business.”
- To become informed on legislative issues affecting the business community and educate the membership and Board of Directors regarding the legislation’s impact.
- Increase communications and opportunities to network with elected officials and key staff members.
- Present Chamber transportation priorities to the appropriate officials and advocate their completion.
- Build consensus among elected officials and community groups regarding transportation projects.
- Organize committee to have members track local legislative issues and identify those that may impact the business community.
- Use resources provided by NCCBI, NCEDA, ACCE and the US Chamber to identify, track and become informed about state and federal issues.
- Hold a Candidates Forum in the fall.
- Coordinate luncheon meetings with elected officials from the City of Hendersonville, Henderson County Commission, Town of Fletcher and the Town of Mills River.
- Encourage business community members to serve on governmental boards and committees.
- If needed, coordinate a leadership trip to Raleigh to advocate Henderson County needs.
- Initiate use of a monthly “Chamber Legislative Report” that is emailed to committee members and interested members.
- Regularly attend French Broad River MPO and Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee meetings.
- Email highlights of the meetings to committee members and other interested parties/members.
- Develop a priority list of projects that should be accomplished in Henderson County.
- Continue developing relationships with NCDOT staff through face-to-face meetings, both locally and in Raleigh.
- Advocate the swift completion of environmental and other studies related to the I-26 project in Buncombe County from the airport to I-240. This must be completed before work on I-26 in Henderson County can begin.
- Continue efforts to advance the progress of the Upward Road, and Balfour Parkway
- Survey local elected officials and key staff members to determine relevancy of Chamber public policy efforts.
Mission: Keep the membership informed about environmental issues that impact their ability to conduct business. Promote concept of compatibility between a strong local economy and the natural environment.
- Provide members with the knowledge and tools needed to comply with current and new environmental regulations.
- Recommend initiatives (and alternatives to non-business friendly environmental legislation) that are friendly to both the environment and business.
- Monitor local, state and national environmental regulations/legislation.
- Communicate changes in regulations to impacted members.
- Research environmental issues and provide information to the membership and, when Board action needs to be considered, to the Governmental Affairs Committee.
- Introduce and present quarterly (or possibly monthly) sustainability awards to businesses in Henderson County.
- Recognize award recipients in the ENews and Newsletter.
- Include “Sustainability/Green" tips in the ENews and the Business Report newsletter.
Mission: Conduct a successful fundraising golf tournament for the Chamber Foundation’s workforce development efforts.
- Increase funds raised.
- Maintain high quality tournament that is memorable for participants.
- Consider alternate locations for the tournament and make selection.
- Secure a minimum of two “Title Sponsors” for the event.
- Increase number of “Social Sponsors” for the tournament.
- Sell all available team slots.
- Sell 18 “Hole Sponsorships.”
Mission: To present a positive image of The Chamber to the membership, general business community and public.
- Produce high quality products that communicate The Chamber’s message.
- Use current and future media outlets to convey The Chamber’s message in an organized, effective manner.
- Improve relationships with media outlets and advocate more positive business related stories.
- Improve image of The Chamber and “business community” in the eyes of the general public.
- Maintain and improve relationships with the Times-News, Hendersonville Lightning, WHKP, WLOS, and WTZQ – pitch story ideas.
- Produce 24 Chamber Columns in the Times-News.
- Create an organized plan for using the Chamber Column and Business Report newsletter to deliver specific messages.
- Review Chamber publications and make recommendations regarding improvements.
- Review format and production of the Programs of Work.
- Continue producing weekly email newsletter for the membership – renew efforts to sell advertising.
- Review, make recommendations and implement website improvements. Suggestions should include site improvements as well as financial opportunities.
- Implement the use of Social Media for promoting Chamber efforts and activities.
- Coordinate production of the Henderson County Newcomer's Guide.
- Conduct a “Meet the Media” seminar.
- Produce 6 Business Report newsletters.
- Implement survey through Survey Monkey to gather feedback from the membership.
- Produce an electronic version of an Annual Action Report.