Mission: To promote a positive relationship between the Henderson County Business Community and our local Camp Industry. Work to maintain the success and viability of Camps in Henderson County and across WNC.
- Coordinate and manage the Camp Field Day event.
- Promote the local “Camp Industry” as an important economic drive in Henderson County and WNC.
- Increase participation by area businesses in the Camp Field Day event.
- Present Camp Industry Leadership Award at Chamber’s Annual Dinner.
- Use a “Chamber Column” in the Times-News to promote positive economic impact of local camps.
Mission: Secure new value added benefits for Chamber members.
- To recommend affinity programs to the Board of Directors for adoption.
- Coordinate affinity programs offers and determine value and feasibility.
- Determine and assist in implementing marketing strategies for Affinity Program offerings.
- Host monthly Affinity Program Partnership meetings.
- Increase revenue by 5%.
Mission: To collaborate with the Henderson County Chamber of Commerce on issues that are included in the Foundations functions.
- Work in collaboration with The Chamber to improve services offered in economic development, workforce development, research, community education and community development.
- Operate as a financial partner improving The Chamber and the Community.
- Continue managing the Junior Leadership Development Program for high school students.
- Solicit sponsors for the Junior Leadership Development Program.
- Contract for the coordination and management of the NC Scholars Luncheon and New Teachers event.
- Support economic development marketing and product development efforts.
- Contract for coordination of Golf Tournament, Chamber Challenge and other fundraising activities.
Mission: Lead the Chamber in developing a campaign that will secure the resources needed to create a more productive chamber with more return on investment for the membership.
- Retain investments and interest of Capital Campaign contributors.
- Attract new pledges.
- Use Capital Campaign Quarterly enews to keep investors up-to-date on status of new Headquarters facility and “happenings” at the facility.
- Implement strategy to increase funding of the Capital Campaign.
- Finalize recognition of investors for both general contributions and naming opportunities.
Mission: To represent and give a “voice” to The Chamber membership regarding transportation issues.
Present Chamber transportation priorities to the appropriate officials and advocate their completion.
Build consensus among elected officials and community groups regarding transportation projects.
Regularly attend French Broad River MPO and Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee meetings.
Email highlights of the meetings to committee members and other interested parties/members.
Develop a priority list of projects that should be addressed in Henderson County.
Continue developing relationships with NCDOT staff through face-to-face meetings, both locally and in Raleigh.
Continue efforts to have the I-26 widening project listed as a NCDOT priority project.
Continue efforts to advance the progress of the Upward Road, 225 Connector and US 64 West projects.
Attend Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee meetings and advocate responsible infrastructure (road) improvements in Henderson County.